- A Linear Unit is used to move workpieces, tools or a robot along a line in order to execute screwing, drilling or joining applications as part of a process automation solution. Motors can be connected with carefully configured drive components.
Automate processes efficiently using automation solutions from item
Discover application scenarios
Linear Unit (single axis)
- 2D gantries are ideal for automation tasks in which a tool uses the item Automation System to help it travel to various points in a single plane. These two-axis solutions are used to print or inspect surfaces, among other things.
- 3D gantries carry out demanding positioning tasks in three dimensions. They are used to pick up, move and set down workpieces for stacking, sorting and machining operations. When designing pick-and-place systems, the grippers and tools for the task can be fitted to the item carriages and support profiles.
- Cantilever axes use the support profile of the Linear Unit to exert force on a workpiece or accurately position a tool. They are well suited for numerous production and logistics applications and material and load tests.
XY table handling
- Grippers, suction cups, lasers and scanners are used in XY tables for machining, sorting, positioning and inspecting workpieces. 2D linear gantries of this kind are perfect for dynamic pick-and-place tasks.
Products and components
The item Automation System provides a versatile basis for automating processes, offering outstanding precision, quality and delivery availability to achieve optimal automation.